Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Productively solo

It's a more familiar refrain; a productive crisp foggy morning, a creatively executed lunch, a conversational sporting event evening ...followed by pangs of solitude. Today was like many in my life, well paced with real progress and moments of relaxation. I enjoyed several of my favorite people at a Sounders game, this time an exhibition game against world renowned Barcelona. Really, what better life could I want?

I'm over being single.

Love between friends is great, yet it lacks that element of a boyfriend or partner or husband. I want a guy to share a nights sleep, to cuddle and share my day with. I want a boyfriend to make breakfast for, a partner to share a sock drawer with, a husband to last through fights and schedules and growing old. I want it all I suppose: wild passion, good banter, smooth/tall body, clear eyes, humor, insight, assertive kindness, social balance. Some day my man will come, how great it will be to be ready for him.

No comments: