Sunday, May 31, 2009

what comes next?

I will have graduated a week from now and the emotional transition has begun. What will become my identity, my backup plan when I feel badly about myself?

Will I sing? I love to sing, it connects me to the positive elements of my body and creates something other people enjoy. The question is the format: choir, the shower, recorded, alone, projected, classical, quiet, personal?


Will I dance? Can I connect with my perceived body negatives and reinvent movement for myself? How do I free myself to release outside of a narrow field of influence?

Will I paint? This is high on my list, a lost passion to rekindle.

Will I study my faith? Does my study serve: me, family, posterity, strangers, projects, clergy, the congregation? Do I comfort in the words of the Lord, even if I feel isolated amongst his people?

Will I become vapid? Will I want to be "pretty" at all cost, amusing and funny. Will I forget decency of conscious in favor of collective ideals?

Will I worship my body? How far can I force myself to treat this body as a temple? Is there really a way to go too far, or will I always be hampered by my sternum?

Will I have passion? How does life work out when relaxed and in the moment?

Will I be afraid? Fear is powerful, like any self destructive drug. Prospects are not great with the economy, but does that dictate my reality?

Will I have hope? What would that look like, feel like, produce in me?

Will I find love? Am I capable, interested, desperate, 2 steps back of the path to being lovable?

No comments: